Monday, April 3, 2006

Home at Last.

I came home last Thuesday night I think. I sat down in the airport in Khartoum and started to freeze like madness. An hour or so later came the fever. The whole way home I was in fit of shivering and was hallucinating. One of my bags got lost somewhere in Frankfurt and I missed the train home to Göteborg from Arlanda. Pissed off and madly tired I finally got home, passed out in the sofa and then stayed there for three days or so. I feel better now and it's nice to be home.

Khalid got home a couple of weeks ago, with a beard, moustach all over his face and he looked more like a rebel than the rebels themselves. I met him in the airport in Khartoum and couldn't let him go until some 24 hours later. Luckily - or unluckily enough, the whole family saw the ring I had on my finger (a gift from Khalid before he left for Darfur and I was meant to go back to Sweden before his return) and thought that we had gotten engaged after all. So, the "welcome-home-party" for Khalid also became something different. All the female family and relatives met me with "OIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOI!", you know that shriek in falsett that you hear in the arab world when something is celebrated. So, in Sudan I'm engaged after all.

For those of you who missed it, the second interview I had through Transit is still in P3's webpage. Listen how "Transit's correspondant Maria Andersson calls from Sudan and with terror in her voice explains how her boyfriend got kidnapped in Darfur". Very entertaining.

So, I'm staying with my dad at the moment and will move to Borås after a while. Depends if I can get an ok job there. And if I'm lucky, my Khalid will come in a few months!

No comments: